Stock Horse of Texas hosts stand-alone clinics, as well as shows paired with a one-day clinic. Our stand-alone clinics offer a small group setting that focuses on fundamentals as well as skills used in the four stock horse events. Some stand-alone clinics have live cattle for cow horse practice, while others utilize a flag.
Shows paired with a one-day clinic are scheduled throughout the year. These events feature a clinic on Friday with four equine professionals each teaching one of the four stock horse disciplines (trail, pleasure, reining and cow). Riders are divided into four groups and rotate to each discipline throughout the day. Groups range from 15-20 riders per group. Riders will have the opportunity to practice on a live cow as well as ride across many of the trail course obstacles that will be included in the show on Saturday.
Saturday shows run in multiple arenas throughout the day. A tentative show schedule will be posted online and on Facebook the day before the show, with estimated times and locations for each division. **Please note, the entry form is NOT a show schedule.
Some events offer co-approved AQHA classes.
**NEW & IMPROVED ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM**
Please fill out both pages of the entry form. If you do not sign the form electronically, you can sign it in person when you check in.
**This new system gives you the opportunity to receive a copy of your entry form via email….it will prompt you to enter your email address after you fill out the entry if you want a copy**
If you are taken to the Confirmation Web Page, we received your entry. **You do NOT need to email us your entry form as long as you reach the Confirmation Web Page.**
If you do not reach the Confirmation Web Page, we DID NOT receive your entry.
If you have previously submitted horse registration papers or if there has been a change in ownership, please use the UPLOAD feature on the Confirmation Web Page to send in your horse’s papers.
If you have already submitted papers at a previous show, there is no need to send the papers again.
A printable entry form is still available if you do not wish to use the online entry system.
2018 Tentative Schedule
October 26-28, 2018 — Abilene, Texas
World Championship Show, Futurity & Derby
Stand alone clinics (both 1 and 2-day clinics) will be added to this schedule
For more information on CoWN events, go to http://www.cownsh.com/cown-events.html
Headed to a Texas show? Here's what you need to know
1. Register before the entry deadline! The deadlines are usually about 10 days before the show. You are welcome to sign up after the deadline, but please be aware there is a $25 late fee.
2. Please completely fill out your entry form. If we have to look up your address, registration numbers or membership numbers, we will charge a $25 incomplete fee.
3. If you have not shown this horse in 2016 or 2017 at one of our shows, please send a copy of your registration papers so we can add your horse to our data base. If you're showing AQHA, please send a copy of your membership card.
4. Not a SHTX member? If you're showing in a Stock Horse of Texas class, you'll need a membership. You can join online, or enter at the show.
5. Need to scratch? No problem as long as you let us know before the show starts. Please call or text our show secretary at 806-656-1511.
6. The show office is usually open Thursdays, 3-7pm. On Fridays, 7am to 8 pm. On Saturdays, 7am until the conclusion of the show.
7. Please try to check in the day before the show! It's faster and not as crowded. On show days, please check in when the office opens at 7am. We sometimes experience long lines on Saturday morning.
All Texas shows are now TQHA Approved! You must have a TQHA membership for your points to count toward TQHA year end points. For more information on TQHA Year End awards and membership, click here: https://tqha.com/show/tqha-points